Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Owen tidbits

A few other tidbits I don't want to forget:
  • I'm so thankful we read (William watched) The Happiest Baby on the Block and his 5 S's! We've learned that Owen LOVES to be swaddled and it pretty much calms him down immediately. We've also used the shushing, the laying on his side, and swaying. My mom is constantly amazed at how well they work. She even commented to my dad that maybe they should have more kids now that there are all these new "tricks" to make it easier. :) He said they were having more kids, just vicariously and much more easily, through us.
  • I got my first "milk drunk" smile on Monday, June 14th! Oh I cannot wait until it's a real smile!

  • I had to put away the newborn and 0-3 onesies. They just won't fit! All his other small clothes are still working, but we're in 3-6 month onesies. That's my little chunker!
  • He loves to snort. It's the most hilarious thing. He especially gets going when he gets angry. I'm trying hard to catch it on video!
  • I thought things in motion we supposed to put kids to sleep. Not my kid. If we put him in the swing or go for a walk, his eyes are wide open the whole time! I guess I'm glad he'll sleep in his crib or pack and play with no motion.
  • He has hiccups ALL the time! William always feels so bad for him. I think it's hilarious because he had them do often in my stomach.
  • He loves his index finger. When he isn't swaddled, he often finds his finger. He's not much a pacifier kid. He'll take it or leave it. Which is fine with me!





1 comment:

  1. OK, that finger sucking thing is ADORABLE! We were also users of Happiest Baby on the Block, it worked great! Kieran was swaddled until almost 7 months, and shushing still works sometimes to calm him!

    Onesies do run small, especially the Gerber brand. Carter'r onesies are much more true to size, FYI, so if you have a Carter outlet nearby, hit it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...