Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Peoria

William had off work on Monday and we spontaneously decided to drive over to Peoria just to look around. Even though I've been there many times, we literally just drive straight to my Grandparents place and home again. We drove along the Riverfront and looked around downtown. Then, we drove along Grand View Drive. When Theodore Roosevelt visited Peoria on October 10, 1910, he called Grand View Drive the "World's Most Beautiful Drive." We'll definitely have to go back in the fall. I bet the trees are absolutely gorgeous!
We then drove around a few neighborhoods that William has been scoping out. I of course loved the one that was furthest out of town. It's in a great school district, but depending on jobs, it might be a little too far out there. After a great lunch at Avanti's (I love their gondola sandwiches) we drove around a few more neighborhoods and of made a stop at Target, of course. Then, we went and hung out with my grandparents. It was such a blast! They took us to a little drive in called Lou's where they got their normal chili dogs and I ate a yummy tenderloin. Then we went back to their place where we ate strawberry shortcake and helped my grandma get a few pictures on the computer. If we move there, I look forward to hanging out more with them. They are amazing people who love Jesus and have lots of great stories to tell us!

4 comments:

  1. OK, our paths will definitely cross someday. I have relatives in Peoria. Distant, but my Grandma used to take me there every few years to visit people when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world. I sure hope our paths cross someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but get tearful when I read the blog, and see the pix/ videos. I guess I miss you. You are such a great mom. Love you. Auntie Du

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Duane. We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...