Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, March 4, 2013

big bro shirt (not for us)

I love being in on secrets.  A few weeks ago, my friend Amy asked me to make her a shirt for their big reveal for baby#2!  I loved her inspiration picture from Etsy and wanted to stay as close to the original as possible.  But for the love of all things, I could not find a long sleeve navy 4T shirt anywhere.  I checked walmart, target, joanns, hobby lobby, old navy, all things kids, and meijer.  Ridiculous.  So I found a few other choices and made Amy choose one.  I didn’t like it as well, but I was going to make it work.

Last Saturday night I shopped for a little more fabric and cut out all the letters.  But instead of just finishing the shirt as planned, I felt like God told me to stop and (wait for it) go have sex with my husband.  Sorry mom, dad, and Jenna.  Not really a thing you hear a lot from God.  And I really would have rather been crafting at that minute.  Which made me really believe it was God.  So whatever, I stopped crafting.

And then Sunday, we ran out of diapers.  So on the way home, we made a stop at a different Wal-Mart than normal.  And what did I find tucked on a random clearance rack?  One long sleeve navy shirt, in the right size.  I love little God stories like that.  So the shirt was perfect.IMG_0406Click HERE to see the adorable big brother modeling it for their announcement.  And congrats Amy, Mike, and Troy!  We are so excited to meet this new little person in October!
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...