Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Coloring Portfolios

Our dear friends, Bill and Summer  just recently moved away from us to start a new church in Valparaiso.  (Check the Rolling Hills Vineyard out here!)  Before they left, I wanted to make something special for their 4 girls.  Here's what I came up with: coloring portfolios!  I thought they'd be great for the road trip there.  I used this tutorial and her measurements were perfect.  This was an awesome fabric stash buster as I didn't allow myself to by any new fabric for the girl's books.
for Lillian, Isabell, Olivia, and Magdalen
Of course, while I was at it. . .I had to make one for Owen.  I did have to buy him some new fabric. :)
They took a little longer that I anticipated, but I was so happy with the end product.  Of course, after I got the first two done, I realized I should have put a piece of velcro to close the little book.  But I didn't want two of the girls to have that, and not the other two.  So I just added the closure to Owen's book.  It perfectly fits a box of 8 crayons and a composition book.  It will be perfect for him to take on our long road trip to Iowa this summer!
 
For I's and M's books, I used fabric left over from a set of big sister/big brother shirts I made for Dawn.

And for L's and O's books, I used fabric my mom gave me that was leftover from the gorgeous quilt she made me.
IMG_0196
All in all, a very fun project to do.  Although I would maybe recommend not sewing 5 at once.  It got a little tedious towards the end.  Of course, that could just be because I have project ADD and get bored doing the same thing over and over.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...