Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas {part 2}

This year, most everyone (minus Jenna) was able to gather for Christmas at my parents house, just a bit earlier than on the “real” day.  On Friday, December 20th, William took the afternoon off for our gender ultrasound.  We took the kids with us since we would be leaving from there to head to Peoria.IMG_1370 IMG_1379After getting the exciting news (more on that in another post), we headed to my parent’s house.  They opted for a non-traditional tree this year and last and I love it!IMG_1395 IMG_1400 We have a yearly tradition in our family to do a fondue dinner every Christmas Eve.  So on Saturday we got out everything ready.IMG_1401 Check out these vintage fondue pots:IMG_1403 IMG_1402The kiddos only lasted for a few minutes into dinner, but the adults had a lovely time.  Blurry picture, but the flash one was terrible.IMG_1409After a very yummy dinner, my dad did his traditional telling of the Christmas story.  He also gives each of us the next chapter in his book “Thing I Wish My Father Had Told Me.”  He reads it to us and we all cry. Then we go around and share something we are thankful for this year and something we’re looking forward to in the next year.
Finally, the kiddos got to do what they were itching to do – open gifts!  My mom spoiled them rotten!IMG_1414 IMG_1428 IMG_1443IMG_1429Sunday morning, we got to go the Peoria Vineyard which is always a fabulous time!IMG_1460 My cutie:IMG_1448 IMG_1452 I could not love this picture anymore of Ellie and her Grandpa.IMG_1457IMG_1475 IMG_1465 It was such a wonderful weekend with our family!
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...