Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Saturday, July 27, 2013
|checking out the goats in the petting area|
|He even went through the big kid "race". I had to help him with the wall, but he did everything else!|
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Here’s just 2 of my latest CVS runs. I focus my couponing on toiletry and baby items to help free up more money in my grocery budget for more fresh fruits and veggies that get pricey. I really try and only buy things that we really use or things that I know we can give away like school supplies for our upcoming church back-to-school outreach. Total: $76.06
-sales and coupons $58.83
-extra care bucks to use in the future $10
=$7.23 for a savings of 95% (one of my best runs yet!)
-sales and coupons $33.20
-extra care bucks to use in the future $20
=$24.53 for a savings of 68.5%
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Tonight, we headed out to where we had our rehearsal dinner, Radio Maria. This was still in our minds one of the best dinners we ever ate. It was such a fun night filled with (lots of) wine, good food, and fabulous friends. Here was the little menu I made for that evening: And a few shots of us: And William’s plate. Which I’m glad I took a picture of because after tonight’s dinner, I can for surely say the prices have gone up and the portions have gotten smaller. :)But it was still delicious! After dinner, we walked over to Cream and Flutter for amazing coffee and cupcakes. And then we stayed outside a bit enjoying the C/U Music Festival.And then we (hangs head in shame) went to Lowe’s and Target. And yes, we bought stuff for the kids.But it was so nice to have real conversation and not get up five million times in the middle of my meal. And just fun hanging out with my main squeeze.
Happy Anniversary William! I love you so much more than I did then. Here’s to many years more!
Friday, July 19, 2013
- Our WIC was up for renewal and I realized I had lost my WIC folder. Not the biggest of deal, but I did have good coupons that I wanted to use and all my July farmer’s market coupons were in there. Stinky to basically lose that money.
- Then, I could not for the life of me find my kids social security cards. They were gone. Not something smart to lose.
- Then I lost my zip drive that holds all my information for my side job of data entry. It was gone.
- We got a (huge) bill for Owen’s 3 year old appointment. What? Called his insurance to find they had dropped him. With no letter to us of course. Started the process of scrambling to try and re-enroll him. Needed those lost social security cards.
- William did not get a job that he applied for (although props to him for making in to the top 2 out of 40+)
- Our van DVD player went out. Then our portable DVD players broke. (have I mentioned we’re driving 9 hours in a few weeks)
- The locks stopped working in the van.
- Our garbage disposal broke.
And I’ll be happy to note that:
- a new DVD player is on the way and the dealer fixed the locks on the van
- William is so handy that he had no problem installing a new garbage disposal
- thanks to my mom, William, and words of knowledge all my lost items have been found
- I’m working closely with Gary from All Kids to get everything right with insurance
- I’m not pregnant – I took a cheapy test and two lines came up. I panicked and then took a “real” test. It was negative. I was puzzled. Until I looked closer at the little plastic wrapper on the cheap test and realized it was an ovulation test. Oops.
- William may have another job offer out of the blue (more details to come next week!)
Sunday, July 7, 2013
But what a fun day! Hope you're Independence Day was a *blast* as well!