Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

my first wedding!

No, not the wedding in which I married my husband.  But the first wedding I officiated.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Many months ago two dear friends, Kimberly and Nate, asked if I would marry them on the 4th of July.  As in write the ceremony and perform their wedding.  I was blown away that they would ask me to do this for them.  They have quite the amazing love story and I was honored to be a part of their small private family wedding! (And yes, we checked on things and made sure it was all legal and such).  I have to give a huge thanks to my dad who helped tremendously on the actual writing part.  He's got quite a bit more experience in this area than me. :)

It was a short, beautiful little ceremony under a huge oak tree at a gorgeous bed and breakfast in Dewey, IL.  What a great way to spend the morning of the 4th!  I am so excited for these two (well, 3 with Kimberly's daughter Halle) to start their life together.  Now just to get them back to the Champaign area.
We decided not to brave any of the other 4th of July activities. It was just too dang hot for my little ones. Next year, we'll introduce Owen to the fireworks!! We just had a nice relaxing day home and enjoyed William being home!
Picture 027
all dressed up in her red, white, and blue
Picture 030
whatcha looking at?
Picture 031
my sweet baby girl
Picture 033
his face matches his shirt - it was HOT!
Picture 034
dad and Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...