Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinned It, Did It Monday! {Ellie's flower balls}

pinned itWelcome to Pinned It, Did It Monday where each week I try to actually do something I pinned on Pinterest.  I’m trying to go back and use some of the first pins I stumbled across.pin #1So I cheated a little on this project.  I pinned this and started it months ago.  I knew the minute I saw it that I wanted these for above Ellie’s crib.  But after doing the first 1.5 balls, I got bored with the project (have I ever blogged about my project ADD?  More on that later).  But seriously, doing 3 of these might have been a bit much.  But knowing I needed something for these Monday posts made me finish these up this week and get them hung while Owen was away.  I love how they turned out.  That reminds me that I need to get you her nursery tour sometime, don’t I?  Ok, onto the actual pin.
Picture I pinned:
Photobucket 
Source: Tissue Rosette Kissing Balls from The Idea Room
My Pictures:IMG_7268IMG_7270IMG_7273IMG_7275My Review:  I think they’re adorable.  Flower balls made from styrofoam balls, streamers, and hot glue.  She has pretty good directions on how to make these, including a video.  Since I make lots of rolled flowers, they weren’t too hard to make, just a little tedious.  But I’d be happy to give you more in-depth instructions if you need help!  One thing I would suggest is painting your styrofoam balls the color of the streamers you’re using.  That way if there are little spots that aren’t covered by a flower, it won’t matter.  The other thing I’d suggest is buying more steamers that you think you’ll need.  I ran out in the middle of ball #2 and even though I bought them all from Target, the streamers I bought later are a totally different color.  Ok, maybe you wouldn’t notice, but I’m trying not to let it bother the perfectionist in mes.  All in all, these make the perfect little “mobile” for above her crib.
pin #2Who doesn’t love another chocolate chip recipe?  I’m always on the lookout for a good one. 
Picture I pinned:
IMG_3263.stamp
Source: Chocolate Chip Cookies from I Am Baker
My Picture: IMG_7247 My Review:  I may have completely missed the part in the directions that the dough was supposed to sit in my fridge for 24 hours.  Ooops.  Didn’t follow that rule.  Maybe that’s why my cookies look nothing like hers.  But they were good!  Very crunchy (again, could be me not the recipe) but I enjoy a good crunchy cookie.  The little surprise in this one is the course salt you add.  Every few bites I’d get a bite of the salt and I loved it.  If you’re not a sweet/salty combo person, I’d leave the salt out.  But overall, good cookies that were gone quickly.  And I only made a half bath and that was plenty!

And a few funnies for the week:113153009358445894_GLKXt7eX_c268175352781835541_GV53iPlw_bblog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...