Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

fruit roll up success!

 
I have a quick follow up from my Pinned It, Did It Monday.  On advice of my friend and cook extraordinaire, Sara, I tried the fruit roll ups again.  I also used this new PIN from Pinterest to help. I simply pureed my strawberries in my Magic Bullet and then lined my pans with saran wrap (didn't do this the first time).  Nope, it didn't melt in my oven because of the super low heat. I also poured my puree a little thicker this time. I "baked" it for about 6.5 hours at 170 degrees. It peeled right off the saran wrap and then we just cut it apart and ate it. The whole pan. Right then. We didn't even save any for dad. Owen gave this 2 big thumbs up.

source: How to make homemade fruit roll ups from Our Best Bites

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My only question with fruit rollups: is it worth the effort? Why not just eat strawberries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree! I probably won't make them again because I'd rather eat the berries fresh! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...