Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Alyssa's shower

My cousin, Alyssa (and her hubby Nate) is due any day with her first little girl.  This weekend I got to help throw her an adorable shower.  Her nursery is navy and  pink so that’s what I went with for the decor!  Navy is almost always associated with boy decor, so I had to get a little creative.  I grabbed some fabric at Joann’s and with my rotary cutter, cut them into 1 inch strips.  I simply tied them to a ribbon to make a little banner.  (I didn’t get a great shot of this in action, so here it is in the making).Picture 1908I also make a simple 2 tier diaper cake (directions here).  I tied some tulle around the bottom to make a “tutu” skirt.  The flower piece around the top layer is headband for baby K!Picture 1901Here’s her gift from my mom and myself.  She registered for the pink baskets which I filled with some of my favorite things for baby.Picture 1927Here’s a few beautiful shots from Erica.  I took the leftover pieces of fabric and sewed them together for a table runner.

The pink lanterns were just bought from Hobby Lobby.  I found a small embroidery hoop at the IDEA store for $.25.  I took it apart and covered both parts with more strips of the pink and navy fabrics to make little “mobiles”.  These all hung over the chair where Alyssa opened her gifts.It was such a sweet shower with cute games and yummy food.  Here’s a few of the ladies with my cousin Alyssa (who’s in the black and white striped dress).  Cannot wait to hear the news of this little girl’s arrival and finally learn her name!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...