Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, November 12, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Sorry for the bad blogging week. VLI midterms just about did me in. But I think I pulled off an A on one and a B on the other. Not to shabby. Add in sleep training and this is how I've been getting along. Nothing some Pandora, knitting, and assorted chocolates can't handle. :)
Thanks for everyone who's checked in to see how sleep training is going. All I can say is why did I wait this long?! I already feel so much freedom. I had no idea how much time I was spending in his bedroom fighting him on going to sleep. I won't bore you with the details on my sleep logs, but I will say that Tuesday night, he went to bed at 6:30, got up at 12, 4, and then 6:30 for the day. 2 wakings! Down from 8. I feel like a new woman. Not every night has been that great, and I'm still trying to figure out when to feed him and when to make him go back to sleep. Because I KNOW he can make it for longer than 3-4 hours. But I'm just following Julie's advice and feeding him if my boobs hurt and making him cry if they don't. :) His first morning nap is always the roughest and has cried for up to 1 hour, 15 minutes, but most of the time, he cries for maybe 5-10 minutes and then rolls over for sleep. Seeing the instant success has kept me going when he gears up for a fight.

I'm so happy to be seeing this on my monitor more and more:

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear it's going well! I know what you mean about the freedom of it. Although it can still be hard at times. We will have to compare notes in depth, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohooo!! have you thought about getting him something to focus on as he falls asleep? we use the fisher price sea horse- it lights up and plays music for 5 minutes. if he doesn't need it, then i wouldn't bother but it might prevent crying altogether
    taylor loves hers- in fact sometimes i'll hear it go on in the middle of the night through the baby monitor which means she's waking up and turning it on to soothe herself ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...