Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Preschool!

Today was the start of our home school journey as we kicked off Owen going to preschool.  He was so excited to start.  We watched Sam today (not a normal occurrence) but he just jumped right in and did what Owen was doing!

I found this cute first day of school printable and was shocked he was fine with taking a few pictures outside!  He wanted to wear his backpack which held his supply box, a car, and a toy phone inside.IMG_1109IMG_1108IMG_1104IMG_1117IMG_1123They stayed engaged for about 45 minutes- an hour which is about what I planned for.  We mixed in lots of dancing and singing to keep things interesting.Picture 1093One of the hardest parts to everything was the cute little thing here dressed in a dress.  Ellie.  She was into EVERYTHING.  I had a box of new toys for her that only get pulled out at school time, but she was still into everything.  She did great when she could dance, sing, or color.  But other than that, watch your crayons boys.  Whew, that will take some tweaking to find what works best for her.Picture 1087I was definitely impressed with his willingness to work and work hard.  I know, I know it was his first day. But in general, it was super fun and I think he really liked it.  There was one page he wasn’t willing to do and I told him it just needed to get done before nap.  After lunch, all on his own he went and finished the page!IMG_1142While we were at lunch, I did a short survey with him so we could remember this time:photoI’m really excited about what this year has in store for us!  Yes, it’s going to a lot of work to stay on top of everything.  And there are so many ideas out there, I’m really going to have to pick and choose the things I want him to do.  But for our family, for Owen, and for this year, this was the perfect choice (I think after day 1).  haha
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...