Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, December 13, 2009

checking in

Not too much to report on, but here's a few details from life these days:

  • We're all moved in to the condo, clothes are put away, and pictures are up! It's starting to feel a little more like home. And as much as we love having our own space, I kinda miss being in the "know" with my parents. We'll have to start going over there for dinner once a week to get caught up.
  • My dad sent out an email to church officially letting people know that they're thinking and praying about planting a church in Peoria. We're definitely thinking and praying about going with them. Peoria in Summer 2011 anyone?
  • I'm starting to feel a little more human these days. I've only puked twice this week, which is a great improvement and have actually been able to stay up later than 8 or 9!
  • We really haven't thrown around too many names yet, but here's my PRELIMARY list. You can tell me how you feel about them. Of course, it's my kid, so I may or may not listen to your advice. All names are subject to change at any moment. :)
  • I finished my two VLI finals which feels great! It's given me some more time to actually read some baby books on my list. Here's 2 of my favorites from this week:

    1. Baby Bargains, by Denise & Alan Fields. This book was recommended by several friends. It basically goes through every single baby product and gives you ratings for the products, if you really need it, and how to get it for a better price. Definitely overwhelming, but great to read before I start registering in Jan/Feb.

    2. How My Breasts Saved the World, by Lisa Wood Shapiro. A funny book about how breastfeeding can sometimes be a lot harder than anticipated. It was very realistic and yet very humorous.

3 comments:

  1. Baby Bargains sounds like a great book! You can also run things by people who know you to help you figure out if YOU'll need the things they say you MUST have. Garage sales are awesome, and it's especially great to have avid garage-saling friends who'll take a list for you. You won't want to be getting up early when garage sales roll around again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a cherry colored changing table I'd like to find a home for--it was only used for Hope, and only for about 6 months. We also have various and sundry baby stuff that needs a new home--bouncy chairs, exersaucer...if you want anything we have, it's yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em! Love to see your name list, how fun. I know a Delaney from Livvie's gym class and she is adorable. We also have a friend here due with a baby girl in a few weeks and they are naming her Junia. Funny how even the unique names make their rounds! You will have so much fun picking (and re-picking)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...