Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, December 24, 2009

a trip to the ER

Blood. It's something a pregnant person never wants to see.

But let me back up. We left Tuesday morning for our long trek to Texas. I was really crampy, but didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary because I've been feeling much crampier and stretched these days. Just different. We drove all day Tuesday and I must agree with Kimberly, don't ever stop in Arkansas for bathroom breaks if you don't have to. They don't care too much about their rest stops. We made it to Hope, Arkansas and after a greasy dinner at the Waffle House, spent the night at a cheap place that at least had a nice breakfast. We got on the road Wednesday at a decent hour and arrived at the in-laws around 3.

Fast forward to this morning. I got up and had breakfast and then decided to shower. And that's when I saw it. Blood. I immediately cried and then called the midwife back home. She thought it was probably from the long trip and being a little um *constipated* lately. But when it turned bright red, I yelled at William to get in the car and we headed (with Jackie, my mother-in-law) to the ER. They got us right in and up to a room.

Our nurse, Davillia, took at the vitals and then used the doppler. After a little pushing around, she found a heartbeat that was beating a nice 150 bpm. A few of my immediate fears were a little relieved. I realized how little faith I had that I was going to hear that little sound as we were driving there. Then the doctor came in and gave us a full workup. He did an ultrasound from the outside and inside and from that decided to not do another exam because of the blood and not wanting to cause any more irritation and/or risk for infection. He found some blood and also found that my placenta is lying really low. He gave me the diagnosis of partial/marginal placenta previa although he wasn't 100% sure that was the cause of the bleeding. I gave blood so they could confirm that I don't have a negative blood type and would need a Rogam shot. I'm O+.

So we left with a few answers. There is definitely a baby in there with a heartbeat. I'm still bleeding and we're not really sure why. I'm wishing I was close to my mom and my doctors but we're just praying a lot and will see our doctor as soon as we get back. I don't think any person could have told me with accuracy the amount of emotional upheaval this whole getting/being/staying pregnant process would be. Your prayers are so greatly appreciated.

And while you're praying, please lift up my friend Carissa. She was about 8 weeks ahead of me and found out this week that her baby died about 2 weeks ago. The baby is breech, so she will have to have a c-section. Just pray for her physical and emotional healing!

12 comments:

  1. Praying, Emily. Rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love you guys and we're so praying for you and baby pool. take care of yourself and relax and enjoy the holidays with your texas fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are definitely in our prayers, Emily! Take it easy and get lots of rest while you're away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily, I've been praying for you...have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Enjoy the article, I'm Manisha, I really want to say sincerely that this is amazing content that you have shared. thanks for this. it's really very helpful for me.

    Live Current Affairs
    Live Sarkari Naukri
    How to get a Government Job easily
    Facebook Video Download Online
    Sarkari Yojana - PM Modi Yojana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
    Write For Us Entertainment
    Real Estate Write For Us
    Write For Us Home
    Write For Us Technology
    Write For Us Education
    Write For Us Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice information...Good blog. If you want want know, more click here.
    shut up about Barclay Perkins
    why do mobile advertisers care about driving physical store traffic?
    <a href="https://5elifestyle.com/which-of-the-following-is-true-about-mobile-optimized-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...