Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy 3 Months!

So, this is a little late, but I kept coming to the sleep section and not wanting to write about it. But happy 100 days on earth little man!

Measuring
At his
vaccination appointment on Monday, I had the nurse weigh and measure him. 15lbs, 6 oz (a 2lb gain this month) and 25.4 in (a 1.15" growth this month)! Man, my little guy is growing fast!

Milestones

  • His head control is awesome. He rarely loses control of it now. He gets tired after awhile in his Bumbo. He still doesn't love tummy time, but sitting up time with the boppy pillow is becoming a favorite time:
  • We're not using the infant sling in the bathtub anymore and Owen loves it! A daily bath is now a part of his bedtime routine and he loves learning how to kick his legs and make the water move. He has no problem with us washing even his hair and doesn't even get mad when water gets in his eyes. Here's a video of him kicking. Standard video comments apply (meaning he stopped kicking hard as soon as the camera came out):

  • The drool has begun! He's been putting everything in his mouth (when he can get the object there), especially his hands. He doesn't quite realize how far to put his hands in and often chokes himself. He's been blowing little bubbles as well. We've stopped swaddling his hands in because he uses them sometimes to self-soothe.
  • He likes to "stand up" with help of course. But those legs are getting stronger.
  • We can, in rare moments get him to laugh! Be warned you may get sea sick watching this as he was swinging.

Schedule
We're working on it. That's all I can say about that (see future long post about sleep and schedule). He's taking 5 naps right now because they're so short, but this is the schedule we're working towards and then I'd LOVE to get him on a 3 nap schedule. Baby steps.
7 - wake up, eat, play
8:30 - nap
10 -
wake up, eat, play
11:30 - nap
1 -
wake up, eat, play
2:30 - nap
4 -
wake up, eat, quiet play
5:30 - short nap
6:15 - wake up and eat
6:30 - bath and bedtime routine
7:00 - bed
10 - dreamfeed
Feeding

He's becoming more picky about his setting when he eats. I cannot talk when I'm breastfeeding and there can't be many distractions or he'll pull off and look around. He's still only nursing for 7-10 minutes on one side and will NOT take any more. I'm assuming this is fine because he's growing, but I'm wondering if eating more would help with his sleep. Hmm.

Sleep
Let's just say that we're not sleeping more than a 3-4 hour chunk at night and then up every 1-2 hours after that. I've created a monster. :) And he doesn't nap more than 40 minutes. Much more detail on this on coming post.

Other things that have happened:

  • He had his 2nd and 3rd shots (Pc and Hib). His nurse, Stephanie was super speedy but he still turned beet red and screamed really good for about 10 minutes. He wouldn't even nurse he was so mad.
  • We took out the 14 lb newborn insert in his car seat.
  • He does much better in the stroller if he isn't in his bucket, but in the "big boy" part.
  • He definitely knows who his momma is. We had the inlaws here last week and he definitely settles down when he comes to me. While I want him to be a kid who goes to different people, there's that small part in my heart that loves that I'm his favorite. :)
Here's a few more pictures of that sweetie:
I love my giraffe:
I wanna be like Daddy:
Lovin' his bath time:
Getting ready for his first Illini game with Uncle Casey and Grandpa (via TV):
Look how much I'm growing:

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see new pictures:). Can't wait to actually see you guys in 2 weeks.I can't believe how long it's been! He's so big! Feeling the liitle one move as I'm writing this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! I love the pictures with the football and the number onsies!

    I wouldn't worry about his nursing sessions getting shorter. He's just getting more effecient. If he's hungry, he'll keep nursing!

    Sorry to hear you're not getting much sleep. I went through this with both of my kids. No advice. I was so sleep deprived that I don't actually remember what we did to make it better. We did some cry it out, which checks, but not til the kids were at least 6 months. I got in the same habit though of nursing them every time they would wake up, so I feel your pain! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...