Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

meow

I laugh when I think of my child as "cat napper." What I wouldn't give for my child to sleep as much as Sophie, our orange tabby cat. This is how Sophie spends a majority of her day:My child does. not. sleep. Ok, that's an exaggeration because I know Owen's friend Cohen really doesn't sleep. But my child didn't get the memo that things were supposed to start mellowing out around 3 months and they're supposed to be giving their mama's more time to snooze. My child is loving his 20-30 minute naps. It's like he has an alarm clock, because they're never longer than that. And we've tried everything. Swaddled, unswaddled. Room darkening shades. White noise with a fan. White noise with a CD. Nursed, un-nursed.

And his night sleep isn't that much better. He'll sleep from 7-11 but then we're up every 2 hours. We're vaguely falling into a time routine (finally), where he's up at 7 or 8 for the day (minus today when he though 4am was a fun time to be up for the day). Then we nap around 9 or 10, again around 2, around 5, and then in bed by 7. But those naps are usually only 20 minutes. Talk about getting nothing done. I feel like I'm living in his room trying to get him to go to sleep. Any suggestions? Or is my kid just going to be a short napper?

And oh yeah, we're also going on one week with no poop. I found this quote online from The Scoop on Poop:
There is a difference between constipation and infrequent stooling. Infrequent stoolers are gassy and have a large, soft bowel movement every three to seven days. If your baby's poop is soft and he's not overly fussy, his digestive system is doing its job.
That's totally Owen. Awful gas that makes even William wrinkle his nose. I called the doc and she's not worried as it doesn't seem to be upsetting him much. I'm just dreading leaving the house because when it comes, I know it will be massive and definitely require a bath versus wipes. Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any personal experience with these people, but I've heard great things: http://www.sleepdoula.com/pages/sleep.htm

    They do phone consultations, from what I understand. You could give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my guess is that owen is right on the cusp of sleeping better at night. around 3/3.5 months auggie switched from a night schedule just like owen's (which was driving me nuts at that point) to waking 2-3 times. and then within another month it was 1-2 times. each transition felt very do-able after the previous amount of wakings. eland wakes about 3 times between 10pm and 6am, which I cant complain about, but he is completely throwing me for a loop nursing-wise. uggh...! every baby is DIFFERENT! :)

    I'll be praying for you for owen's day sleep. you need time for yourself! auggie didn't get into much of a day sleep routing until 4 or 5 months, but it was definitely set by 6 months. ... hang in there! you're doing great, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Jennas blog, I have a baby that was born on June 18th,so hes close to your sons age. I enjoy reading your blog. My son has been sleeping through the night consistently for a few weeks now. Hes exclusively breastfed and I feed him every 3 hours on the dot (9, 12, 3) except in the evening.. he eats at 5pm, 7pm then sometime between 8:15-9 and hes down for the night until 6:30 am. I actually have to wake him now! I have read that the more you feed them during the day, the longer they will last in the night, thats why I do cluster feedings in the evening. He also takes a nap every 2 hours, even in the evening but I just make them shorter once its after 5 so hes ready to go to bed at 8:30-9! :) Good luck!
    Erica Miske

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...