Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, January 9, 2011

breaking in the Kitchen Aid

I'm loving my new Kitchen Aid. I'm not a great cookie maker. Don't know why but they never turn out right. And I have ADD when it comes to cookies, so something that take multiple checks to the oven isn't my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. But I thought it would be a simple things to break in the new mixer. When I asked William what kind of cookies he wanted, he immediately said snickerdoodles. I've used this recipe many times before and these are one type of cookie that can get right. Yes, this is a picture of my first batch. I must admit that these cookies were gone in a few days flat. Maybe it's a good thing I don't usually make cookies.
Mrs. Sigg’s Snickdoodles (whoever Mrs. Sigg is :)

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. you do make rocking good snickerdoodles - thanks for sharing the recipe! and thanks for your photobox post, very smart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...