Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, June 3, 2011

another kid favor

credit: momtastic.com
I've been saving party ideas for quite awhile now and when I saw these, I knew I had to make them for Owen's party.  They were VERY low cost and what kid doesn't love play-doh? Here's the steps. I was a slacker at taking pictures of the process, so you'll have to just imagine. 
  1. Gather a variety of glass jars WITH the lids.  I got mine from a garage sale, the spaghetti I cooked, Salvation Army, Goodwill, and I did end up buying 2 at Hobby Lobby.
  2. Even though I loved the tags in the inspiration picture, I didn't use all canning jars.  So I decided just to spray paint all my lids.  It took 2 coats for most of the lids.  3 coats for a couple lids that had lots of writing on them.
  3. Then I made the play-doh.  I used a recipe I got from Create-Kids-Crafts.  The only thing I did was add a little food coloring.  The Kool-Aid made it a light orange and smell great, but I wanted the color to be a little more vibrant.
  4. 1 cup flour
    1 cup water
    ½ cup salt
    2 to 3 tsp cream of tartar
    1 package Kool-Aid mix
    1 Tbsp cooking oil
    Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Slowly add the water mixed with oil and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens to dough. Let cool a few minutes and then knead until smooth.
  5. I just rolled a small ball of play-doh for each jar and then added a ribbon and little favor tag. I hope the kiddos like them.  Everything's slowly getting done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...