Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Our day in Peoria

After we got such wonderful news about Miles, we decided to make the most of our day in Peoria with my parents.  We had never checked out the Peoria Zoo, so after letting Ellie get up from a failed nap, off we went.  I like zoos in 70 degree weather as opposed to full on summer heat so today was perfect for it!
There were these (well-loved) animal statues all over and they might have been Owen’s favorite part.IMG_9528IMG_9529IMG_9550 One of the highlights was this little bird aviary.  For $1 you could buy a stick with some bird treats on it.  The birds would land right on your stick.  I was pretty shocked that both kids LOVED it and weren’t scared at all.  I, on the other hand, didn’t mind letting William and Grandpa stay in there with all the birds.IMG_9540IMG_9544This little girl is all sass these days and loves to put her hands on her hips. :)IMG_9551 She also loves these two guys:IMG_9552 While the zoo is small (and a tad overpriced) the Africa exhibit is nice.  IMG_9558The kids lasted way longer than I thought they would and walked the whole way.       IMG_9535Grandma had baby duty:IMG_9538We headed back to their house and after a great grilled burger dinner, we celebrated Owen’s birthday a few days early.  My Grandma and Grandpa Hoerr came over to celebrate with us.  He requested vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. IMG_9565IMG_9579He opened a new duplo set (a pirate ship) and was so excited.  “This is the best present ever.”IMG_9580But then he opened the next present which was a pair of pajamas (requested by me) and said “aww man.”  I’m taking it that pj’s weren’t really on his list.  haha IMG_9581 We enjoyed chatting and eating dessert while my mom gave the big kids baths before hitting the road.  My grandma got in some great Miles’ snuggles.IMG_9585I really had no idea how this day was going to turn out.  I had prepared myself for the worst and at many times throughout the day, found myself in disbelief that we were just getting to enjoy an awesome family fun day with 3 healthy kiddos in tow!
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...