Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

weekend update

What a crazy weekend! Every quarter, for VLI, we have to do a leadership project of some sort. When my dad asked me to coordinate the Church Planting Boot Camp, I agreed not really realizing what I was getting myself into. But with the help of lots of other people, and especially my mom. . .it went great!

Friday: I picked up some really pretty gerbera daisies for the weekend. They made me think of spring. I usually really like winter, but I'm getting some major spring fever these days. (Over spring break, mom's going to help me paint and do lots of nursery stuff, so maybe that's why.) The Duluth gang arrived around 5 and the fun began! After a few registration glitches, everyone got fed and we had some great worship and a great talk from Michael Gatlin. I've only ever heard his wife, Brenda speak before, but he's super laid back and has tons of great stories about church planting!

Saturday:
William and I had been talking baby talk with Gabe and Aubrey on Friday. Aubrey and I were trying to convince the guys how important shoes were for babies. Ok, we KNOW that they're really unnecessary, but dang are they cute. Saturday morning over breakfast, Gabe and Aubrey gave us this adorable gift that is the best of both shoe and sock world. Aren't they cute?



Saturday, we got 2 great teachings from Jeff Heidkamp. During the afternoon session, we got some the awesome prayer referenced in my last post. We pretty much ran out of sandwich meat at lunch which about gave me a heart attack, but we survived. For dinner, everyone who's thinking about maybe moving to Peoria had dinner with my parents. It was fun hanging out with some people we don't normally hang out with. The evening was taught by Rand Tucker, who shared his great story and then there was another great ministry time. Overall, a weekend of great teaching and excitement for church planting. It was material I've heard before (at a previous boot camp, in VLI, and just in doing it in real life), but it definitely reminds me how much I love church planting and all the great people in the Vineyard family.

Sunday:We came home and crashed on Sunday afternoon, but I did finally bite the bullet and hit the "buy" button on the baby furniture. I'm starting to feel a little behind in my baby planning. I experienced this with wedding planning. I just have so many ideas, I don't want to have to nail one down! But the crib and dressers are ordered and already shipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...