Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

22 weeks

Photobucket

Yesterday, I had my monthly checkup. It was a super short appointment, which I guess I should be thankful for! I met the midwife, Ellen, who was super nice. She was the one who had talked me down from the ledge while I was at the ER in Texas. :) She found our little man's heartbeat right away. It was really steady at 140 bpm. But then she made a comment about being laid back and I laughed and his heartbeat changed. It was neat to hear how everything I do affects this little guy growing inside me. She felt around a little and then said we'd get out that lovely measuring tape at our next appointment. She said we're kinda on auto-pilot now. What a reassuring thing to hear!

How far along? 22 weeks yesterday
I'm feeling: good! Pretty much normal.
Milestones: there have been a few this week! I've had 3 people now touch my stomach without warning. In most of my outfits, I didn't think I was quite big enough to be touched, but alas. I'm thinking about taking Anne D.'s advice and just touching their stomach in return. Ok, but the big milestone is that William was able to feel our guy move this week! It's only happened once and not again, but he clearly felt a little kick as we were laying in bed one night. I think the spicy Thai food I had made helped.
What no one tells you: That sometimes when your bladder is full and you laugh really hard or sneeze, a little of that pee may sneak out. What happened to my bladder control?
Sleep: uggh. First week of noticing a difference in my sleep. I woke up one night on my back and both my arms were tingling and asleep. I guess some minor detail of when you sleep on your back, all the extra weight from the baby/uterus/random fluids push down on a major artery. Ok, so sleeping on my side is going to have to work.
Weight: ok, ok. So a friend so nicely told me that I should take this section off as pretty soon since I'll want to blog about my weight gain about as much as I'll want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. I'm definitely feeling like I'm rounding out in places that shouldn't be. But for once in my life, I'm totally ok with my rounding out body. It's such a great feeling to not be as concerned about every morsel of food going into my body and just watching the amazing thing that it can do - grow a baby!
Food cravings: does everything count?
Currently Reading:
for VLI: New Testament Theology: Many Witnesses, One Gospel
for baby: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - a little too granola for me, but still some interesting information
for fun: what's that?
Current projects: trying to officially decide on a color scheme and get this furniture ordered! Such pressure since this furniture is hopefully going to be around for a few kids.
Names: The names I like this week are Greyson(Grey), Garrett, Miles, and Cole.
Fun things about being pregnant: every time you go to your mom's house, it's like a baby shower all over again. There are always clothes and toys and shirts for my growing belly. I mean, dad if you're reading this, that's only happened like once. And no, Mom's not spending money left and right on this little guy. :)

Last but not least, a quickie picture before I head off to VLI tonight. Had to crop because of my goofy face and bad hair day.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ellen! She delivered Grace and I thought she was wonderful. But of course how could you not think the person who hands you your baby to hold for the first time is wonderful.

    Your baby bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think you should rub their tummy back! :)

    And no one ever told me that 9 months after he was born that sometimes when my bladder is full I still can accidentally pee a little when I sneeze. Whoops, was that TMI?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...