Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

30 weeks!



How far along? 30 weeks today! For some reason that feels like a bigger milestone to me than reaching 3rd trimester. 10 more weeks to go. Wow, that's going to *hopefully* fly by!
I'm feeling: Decent. It's been so awesome how much he's moving. I regularly look down to my stomach bulging in weird places and getting real punches down low and kicks up high. I *think* I may have had some braxton hicks contractions. My midwife asked a few weeks ago if I had had any yet, and I was clueless. But a few times when I've been walking, my stomach gets tight or has some mild cramping in one spot. Maybe those are what they're talking about?
My highlights from the week: I got my first gift off my registry! Thank you to Joanna for such a sweet package of useful goodies!! I also ordered an outfit from Gap that may end my search for his coming home outfit. It matches his carseat. Is that super anal of me?
My baby: is about 15 1/2 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds. Sure doesn't seem like enough due the actual amount of weight gain so far. :) But oh well.
What no one tells you: TMI warning!! All I can say is that Tuck's pads and other hemorrhoid wipes are a girl's best friend. I thought all that fun stuff was supposed to happen after I pushed him out, but ohh no. The fun begins before he's even here!
What I miss: looking forward to a big glass of red wine, sushi, and sleeping flat on my back!
Current projects: The bedding is almost done! Here's a not-so-great picture of the fabrics we're going with! I can't wait to see my mom's finished project! The striped fabric is the main fabric (for the crib skirt, curtains, and a few other things). Somehow, the green accent that I thought would be added is just not happening. So brown, orange, and aqua it is!

I've also seen these adorable clothes dividers on Etsy, but with our non-existent budget right now, I opted for the $0.50 piece of foam cut into circles with some craft paint. It's helped organize all the clothes that mom has already supplied for the closet. :)

I also finally picked out and ordered my glider and ottoman. I've been hemming and hawing over this decision as it's a big chunk of money. But with mom and dad's (THANK YOU) help, I'm getting my dream chair. Ok, my real dream chair is like 2 grand, so it's not that one. And of course, I can't find a good picture, but it's going to be super comfy and brown so I can use it in future babies rooms and maybe in another room post-babies. It should be here in 6-8 weeks. Glad I finally got moving on that one!
Currently reading: Still getting done with some sleep books, but I hope this week I'll start Dr. Sears' The Vaccine Book.
Names: For those of you who read this in Google Reader, hop on over to my "real" blog page and scroll down on the right to vote on names! I officially have removed Benjamin from the list as much as I still love it (I just can't remove it from the poll since voting has begun). So tell me what you like.

And a quicky picture from today. My two babies (Sophie and my weird shaped belly) relaxing in the amazing sunshine.

3 comments:

  1. Hats off to you if you can keep all those clothes organized after he comes :) You look adorable! I'm so excited for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Em! 30 weeks, what a milestone! Getting into single digits in the "left to go" column. That is so exciting. Your fabrics are adorable and I can't wait to see how your nursery comes together. What fun! There's nothing like planning it all the first time around. It's better than a wedding!!! Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just another organizational tip for clothes...if you get too many to keep in the dresser, buy some clear totes to keep in the closet and label them with what size clothing is in them. That way the dresser only has clothes that he's wearing currently. (this also helps dads who don't pay attention to size and grab the first item of clothing they see to dress the baby in....=P)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...