Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, July 23, 2010

the nursery

Ok, ok I know this is very belated. I don't know why it's taken me so long to post this labor of love, my little man's nursery. I love it more everyday. Thanks to my fabulous mom who made pretty much everything - the bedding, the "bookshelves", and the adorable little pennants above his closet. I'll try and post where I got everything too! I couldn't paint, so I knew I had to infuse color in lots of other places. Please just deal with the white walls and cream doors. Uggh I know.

I found this picture at Little Apple Design. I used this as my starting point and inspiration.
My one big splurge was the fabric for the room. I loved the actual bedding set from Serena and Lily, but couldn't afford it. So I bought the fabric and got my mom on board! The other fabrics were just from the local fabric store.
Here's how the room started. It was basically our junk and catch-all room:
I was really quite torn in trying to decide between white furniture and espresso. I concluded that if it was a girl, I probably would have gone white. But I LOVE the espresso and love that it will be able to be used for future rooms! I hunted and found a modern looking crib called the BabyLetto Modo which we got for a good price from Amazon!
I knew I would want a place to store wipes and diapers without having to open the top drawer of the dresser. So I ordered two of the matching dressers. They both came with a little changing table top that can be removed when we're done with it!
The chair was a big splurge but thanks to my parents for helping out! I love it and have already put many hours in rocking and nursing time! It's from Best Chairs and their Storytime series.
And here's the after pictures. When you walk into the room, there's a little wall with this on it. Oops, need to change the picture in it (thanks Julie!):
Walking in:
A quick look around:

A few of the details:
Don't you just adore these alphabet cards from Petit Collage? I mean, I'm a teacher to I had to have some kind of alphabet in there right?
The letters are paper mache from Hobby Lobby with about 8 coats of paint on them. I may have bought enough to make the name Owen and Greyson since we weren't 100 sure.
The mobile (shown from Owen's perspective) is from The Wonderland Studio on Etsy. My sister said that Etsy is like my crack. And I agree. I love it. I wish they had gift cards. They are all I would ask for.
Other Etsy purchases in the room include 2 of the wall pictures. The picture of Max from The Wild Things is from The Random Art Shop. The print of You are my Sunshine is from the Jessica Swift Shop.
This cute little giraffe is from Bundled. Have I mentioned I love Etsy?! The piggy bank is from Amazon, although I'm not finding the link right now.
All in all, I LOVE it! Lastly, here's a pic of the little man who lives here. Where did that month go?

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Where did you get the line that the alphabet is hanging from? We've talked about doing some kind of line like that in Harmony's room, to display her artwork and other papers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - They're from Ikea. They're like curtain "rods."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is just BEAUTIFUL! I think painting the walls would have been too much, it is just perfect :) I love to see Owen's name in the frame...awesome!

    Thank you for posting the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...