Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter (a little early)

This past weekend was so much fun! Saturday was my parents going away party. It was like a walk down memory lane, seeing old neighbors and old Vineyard members and lots of my parents close friends. I also got to see a dear old friend (but she'll get a post all to herself in a bit). Then, because my brothers were in town for the party, we celebrated Easter together early on Sunday.

Here's Owen all dressed up getting ready to go to church.  At church I got to see ANOTHER dear friend from the past, but again she's getting her own post as well.
   
My mom started a new tradition called BYOB - build your own basket.  She provided the basket, and we got to pick out all the candy that went in it.  I loaded up on Peeps, M&M's, jelly beans, flavored tootsie rolls, and twix.  I passed on the peanut butter candies and malted robin eggs.
Since Owen can't fill his basket with candy yet, he got this awesome sock monkey basket filled with bubbles, toys, and some outfits for this summer.  He also got an adorable golf caddy.  That's right, complete with a nine iron and putter.
Jenna got Owen some adorable bunny ears that he was forced so excited to wear.
The boys got roped into getting the large couch out of the basement without having to take down any walls or trim or doors.  They succeeded.
It's really hard to believe that it was the last holiday we'll spend in the house where we grew up. It was sad but we're excited to start celebrating new things in my parents new house in Peoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...