Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2012

36 (1/2) weeks!

Miss Ellison: Now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.  She's losing all the downy covering of hair that covered her body and by the end of this week, she's considered FULL TERM!

Appointment updates:Whew, this section may be a long one.  I'll try to summarize concisely.  Friday morning I met with Dr. Mongwa, my cardiologist.  My blood pressure was of course the highest it's ever been, but he joked about it and later I saw that he made a note in my chart that my heart was pounding from being nervous.  He was very kind and didn't make me feel like a fool for not really knowing what the midwives wanted from him.  After a few checks, he wrote a nice note in my chart saying he thought I was fine, but wanted me to do one more echo for good measure.  The nurse came in to inform me my echo would be in an hour and I got the jist that I didn't really have a choice in the matter.  Thankfully, William called his boss just to let him know he'd be late. I sat in the waiting room feeling definitely like the youngin' in the bunch.  Kola, a very large African American, did my echo and again, was very kind and helped me calm down.  You could tell he was quite nervous doing an echo on a pregnant lady. :)

Today, I called cardio several times times before my midwife appointment, but didn't hear anything back.  I met with Kristy who was great.  She said even though she couldn't read all the results from the echo, there were no things that really stood out as abnormal.  The 2 things that were marked "there was a trace of ____" she said were normal in pregnancy.

Ellison is very head down and Kristy gave me a little hope by saying she doesn't think she'll be quite as big of Owen.  Of course, I know I can't take her word for it officially, but I'll take anything a little smaller. :)  She did the beta strep test which we'll just pray is negative.  She said everything looks fabulous and I'm set for my hopeful waterbirth!!  She said I didn't even need to come back for 2 weeks.  That means 2 more appointments until D-Day!  Of course, on my way home cardi called and said everything looks great with my birth and good luck.  Thank you Lord for being so faithful with all this! 
How I'm feeling: back to feeling pretty good.  I mean, I'm tired all the time, but am feeling much better than my last update.  I'm kinda ready to not be pregnant anymore, but overall I'm really doing ok.
I'm craving: smaller meals!  My ability to chow down has drastically decreased this past week and I've basically just been craving fruit and salad.  Ok, and the occasional bag of powdered Donettes.
Things that are finally checked off the list: This weekend, with my parent's help we crossed off taking down the ceiling fan in Ellie's room and hung her new light.  Her curtains are hung most of her clothes are organized.  My mom is working on her little window seat pad and the crib skirt.  I still have quite a few craft projects to finish but I'll do separate posts about those! 
Books I've read: I've been a reading machine lately.  Even though I'm exhausted, I can't fall asleep at night sso I've been plowing through birth books mixed in with some good fiction.  I was going to write reviews, but haha, that's not going to happen.  I recommend all of the following
BIRTH
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth
Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
 
Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta 
MOTHERHOOD
I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood
It Sucked and Then I Cried: How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita




And this week's picture:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...