Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinned It, Did It Monday

pinned itWelcome to pinned it, did it Monday (it’s still Monday for a couple more hours here) where I share a few of the things that have inspired me from pinterest this week.pin #1 L asked for a sock monkey hat for her daughter and I had been itching to try this cute pattern:
Source: Crochet Sock Monkey Hat from Repeat Crafter Me
My picture:IMG_0115My review: I love this gal’s patterns.  They are easy to follow and always produce nice results.  I made a mistake that I realized towards the end and had to rip a bunch out, so the hat took about twice as long as it should have.  But that was totally my fault.  Love how cute it is and hope it fits the recipient!pin #2I had seen this pin floating around Pinterest for awhile.  It’s a site dedicated to making healthier and “real” versions of a bunch of kid’s processed foods.  Now, let me preface that I probably have frozen corn dogs in my freezer somewhere and do not feel the least bit guilty for giving them to my boys.  But I decided to dip my toe into the water of healthier cooking.  haha
Source: Corn Dog Days of Summer from Out of the Box Food
My pictures: the ingredients (I didn’t go all crazy and buy new corn meal, mine is supposedly no good nor did I buy aluminum free baking powder. I just used what I had on hand.)Picture 470 right after frying:Picture 472My Review:  I’ll admit to not being a huge corn dog fan.  But I must say, these were pretty darn good!  I have no idea how she got her batter to look so nice and smooth.  I cut the batter recipe in half and it made 5 corn dogs.  It was pretty quick, and after frying I just heated them in the oven for about 10 minutes to get the hot dog nice and hot.  William definitely approved!  I think I’ll be checking out some of her other recipes!pin 3Since starting my “diet”, I’ve been eating lots of chicken and using my George Forman a lot!  This was a cleaning tip I found.  The tip reads: “Right after using the grill, unplug it and place a wet double-sheet of paper towel between the lid and the surface. The leftover heat causes the towel to steam and clean the grill. Wiping it dry with another paper towel is all that’s needed.”

Source: Tip of the Week from Cooking Club
My Review (no pictures):  While it wasn’t perfect, it was DEFINITELY less scrubbing than I normally have to do.  Will be doing this on all future grilling!  

Have a great week everyone!
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...