Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, October 10, 2010

candy corn wreath

I saw this wreath gracing the front page of Women's Day Magazine. Isn't it pretty:

I was on a limited budget, time and money wise, so I knew mine wouldn't be quite as pretty, but here goes. I gathered my supplies. Instead of black duct tape, I just used orange paint which I already had. I also would've used thicker black ribbon, but again I had some of the thin stuff stashed in my craft box, so I used that.
First, I laid out my candy corn to dry out. Don't really know why, but they suggested it and I'm assuming it's to get some of the moisture and sugar out of it in case you were hanging it outside where animals might want to eat it. Who knows, but I'm a direction follower, so I let them dry out for a few days:
Then, I gave my styrofoam wreath, from Hobby Lobby, a few coats of orange craft paint. Then I started hot gluing! I did one whole row facing one way, then started the next row, etc. I wrapped it with the black ribbon and hung it up. Not too bad if I don't say so myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...