Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, October 17, 2010

makes a momma cry

This is purely one of those mommy moments that I had to document so I wouldn't forget when it happened. We didn't get home from small group tonight until about 9, so I was expecting quite the battle for bedtime, especially since he didn't get a bath which is a part of our nightly routine and I hadn't fed him in while. We were reading our Bible story and he didn't seem too tired yet, so I picked up this book from the pile. Don't ask me why I have an Easter board book. I think it was from when I was using all my teacher scholastic points to get free boards books for my kid instead of my classroom, but I digress. I was reading it and making funny voices for Peter Rabbit (a normal occurrence when we're reading). Owen was intently starting at me, not the book tonight. And then, out of the blue, when I used the funny voice for Peter, he cracked up. Like seriously all out laughing. And he did it for the rest of the book anytime I used the voice. It was like music to my ears.

I could barely make it through singing Jesus Loves Me because I started crying. Tears of joy of course over how much I love this little man. And then to top it off, I laid him down and after just a few minutes of playing with his lovey, he rolled over and went to sleep. I think that was just about the perfect way to end a day.

Thank you Jesus that you DO love me. . .enough to entrust the raising of this boy to us. Please give us wisdom and lots more days like today filled with Owen's joy and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...