Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

fall food

I LOVE fall cooking! As soon as the weather turns, I start thinking about chili and homemade caramel apples and all other warm comfort foods. We had lots of people over this weekend, so I got the chance to try these 2 new chili recipes (one "regular" chili, one white chili with chicken). They got rave reviews from all the eaters and I'll definitely be making them again this season so I thought I'd share!

White Chili with Chicken
from the kitchen of Stacie Vogelsang

Start with 1 rotisserie chicken regular seasoning, use the white meat and shred it. (I used this the first time I made it. But the second time, I just threw some frozen chicken breasts in my crock pot for the morning and then shredded those.)
48 oz chicken broth
2 cans diced green chiles (I only used 1 can and it was plenty spicy)
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
30-45 oz white northern beans (I used 3 cans)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp of chipotle pepper (or 2 tsp cayenne)
1 tsp oregano
1 cup monterey jack cheese

Saute diced onion and minced garlic in olive oil in bottom of large pan. Dump everything else in except the cheese. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add shredded jack cheese until melted. Serve with shredded cheese if desired.

This was fabulous!! It has a great kick to it, but it not too spicy!


Chili
from the kitchen of Toni Hoerr (my aunt)
2 lbs. hamburger
1/4 c onion
1 lrg V8 vegetable juice
2 16 oz. cans of kidney beans (rinse)
2 16 oz cans mild chili beans (dump in with the juice)
1 six gun Texas chili mix (I found this at County Market. Toni said to put all packets in EXCEPT the red pepper packet, but becauase William likes his chili hot, I put in about half the red pepper packet).

Brown hamburger and onion. Drain. Put all other ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low all day! With a little cheese, sour cream, and Fritos on top this was an amazing bowl of chili! And so easy to make! Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the real food. But trust me, you'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted a white chili recipe and have never gotten around to actually finding one. Can't wait to try yours (aka Stacie's ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...