Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, March 7, 2011

sleep

I'll be taking you on a tour of new place as soon as there's a few more things in place, but just wanted to say thanks if you have sometime in the last 9 months prayed for Owen's sleep.  I'm always scared to blog about something good for fear it will change, but it's been a week and so far, so good.

Let me just remind you of Owen's normal night:
bath time - 5:30/6ish
quiet play time, books, nurse, bed - 6:30/7ish
9pm - wake up screaming, only calms with a hand on him or pick him up
10:30 - up again, wants to eat
12, 2, 4- up (would eat if I let him each time)
5 - up and won't stay asleep at this point unless in our bed or being held
6:30 - up for the day
Nightmare.  And nothing we did changed this.  Until we got home from the Habel's last week and he slept from 7-1 (6 hours is longer than he has ever gone.  Pathetic.  I don't really know how I'm still functioning at this point, but I digress).  Then he didn't get up until 5 and then up for the day at 7.  I chalked it up to being tired from traveling.  But every night this week, he's given me at least a 6 hour stretch at the beginning of the night and has made it with only 1 or 2 times nursing!  I know, I know he doesn't even need this at his age.  He's been doing a 12 or 1am wake, and then again at 4, and he's up by 6:30.  I feel like a new woman!  And naps. . .while 2 are still at 30 minutes, he's taken this week a few at an hour, and even a couple at an hour and half!! 

I don't know what exactly to attribute this change to.  Him turning 9 months, us being better at making him cry, or moving into this new place (maybe his smart little brain was tuned into something at our old place that we weren't?)  So this is just to say thanks for praying for him and me.  And pray this only gets better and he realizes how great sleep really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...