I found some adorable chevron paper in bright colors and then went from there with our decorations. The mason jars were wrapped with burlap, a coordinating ribbon, and filled with pretty spring daisies. Each gals spot had a baby food jar vase (wrapped with ribbon), a “pillow” envelope filled with Easter candy and a small piece of paper to write a question on. I used my Silhouette cutter to make the candy envelopes.And since I hate wasting any paper, I also cut out little flowers to use as “confetti.” We had about 35 ladies in attendance. We started with a fabulous dinner made by Darlene at church. I seriously haven’t had anything of hers that I haven’t enjoyed! The ladies had questions to chat about at their tables and I also asked each person to write one question on their card for the mentor moms and I collected them.
After dessert and coffee with whip cream, Veronica shared an amazing talk. She shared the “Fourmost Lessons” she has learned as a mom. She shared specific ways and fabulous stories about what God has taught her through EACH son...using their personalities , giftings, etc. It was great!
Then, after a short bathroom break, our 6 fabulous Mentor Moms came and sat up for the panel discussion. I read through all the questions and tried to narrow it down as there were so many good ones. I read a question and then had each mentor mom give an answer. Here was a sample of some of the questions:
- How do you keep worry from overtaking your mothering?
- How do you balance the pressing(laundry, cooking, cleaning) with the important (reading, playing, and just being with your kids)?
- How do you get your mojo back after having a baby?
- What is a favorite tradition you have with your kids?
- What do you do when your spouse and you disagree on a parenting decision?