Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, January 4, 2010

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,
Tomorrow we go to the ultrasound to make sure you are all ok from the episode from last week's ER visit. But even more importantly, if you cooperate we will find out if you are a boy or girl. I am so excited, I doubt I'll be able to sleep very well tonight!

Tonight, I was looking through a few of the baby purchases I've made over the last 3 months years. And then I was crying. I cannot feel you move just yet and you're not making my tummy too big, so it doesn't completely feel real yet. But holding those little clothes and toys, I was totally overwhelmed. I wasn't just wrapping a baby gift for another shower. There's actually going to be someone in these clothes. You. My baby.

We know that boy or girl, you're going to be just the right baby for us. We have no idea what we're doing and I'm sure we'll make tons of mistakes. But I thank God everyday that he chose US to be your parents. I look forward with great anticipation when we see the Kingdom break through all the way and we hear your first cry. I love you so much already.

Love,
Your Mama

3 comments:

  1. It really isn't fair to the other hormone crazy women around you when you post things like this... I already cry enough :) However I am glad I am not the only one who has been collecting for baby for "awhile". We just want to be prepared, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on what aubrey said. crying through reading your blog, but happily crying. thanks for the beautiful reminder of how precious our little ones are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...