Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bella

No, this post isn't about this sweet little girl, Bella, although I could write and write about how great her and her mom are!It's about my new job. That's right folks, as of today, I'm a working woman again. A few weeks ago, Laura emailed me saying they were looking for someone at Bella for about 10 hours a week (well, technically 14 one week, 7 the next). It's an adorable little boutique that just moved to a new store on Neil St. I met with Jennifer, my boss and she was super sweet! I went home and really went back and forth about it. This was a really hard decision for me. I was most likely going to have to sub on Thursdays and Fridays (when my mom was free) and I was DREADING this decision. Not because of the kiddos, but my fear was that I would get into a classroom where I didn't have a break, and therefore couldn't pump. I'm not willing to sacrifice all the hard work we've done so far with breastfeeding. But Jennifer said that it would be no problem for me to leave the floor once or twice a shift to pump and there's a cute bathroom to do it in, along with a fridge for storage! So I'm working every Wednesday and every other Friday from 1-8. Ahh, that seems likes a long time, but my mom's going to watch him from that 1-5 time and then William will be home with him. It's totally doable. I can pump. A little extra money. A good reason to shower and wear "real" clothes. And maybe no subbing (I'll have to see how I feel about that every other Friday). I did cry on the way to training today, but everyone survived and my mom loved having time with her grandbaby. Laura was a great trainer and we had some good conversations along the way!

Speaking of the other Bella's mom, Michelle. . .she bought Owen these adorable shoes from See Kai Run. He's actually going to wear them to church this weekend. Aren't they precious?
Well, here's the problem. I'm working to actually bring a little more money into our house. But this job could be dangerous. Thankfully, I don't have a girl. Seriously. We carry Daily Tea, Sweet Petunia, Mimi and Maggie, Baby Lulu and so much more. My entire paycheck would go towards those stinkin' cute bows, dresses, and oh those winter coats. It will be seriously hard for me not one off those pink and brown over the top coats, just to stash away for a *hopefully* future girl. I digress. So all in all, thanks to Owen being Owen, I won't lose my whole paycheck!

7 comments:

  1. we're see kai run fans too. and of course we love tea collection! congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Daily Tea until your great gift. Now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be a really bad deal for BOTH of us!!! Oh, you know I'm coming to visit you! I could spend far too much there already, now I have an excuse to! Love to you and little man...can't wait to see pics of him in those 'way too cute' shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - but the great deal is I get 30% off and get a heads up when things are going on sale. I could always pick up a few things for Miss Bella! :) This could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job- sounds like a totally win-win scenario!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...