Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweet. . .

corn that is. Today was a fun day! We kissed daddy goodbye this morning as he went to Peoria (well, Morton) for an interview with a company. I have to be kinda vague at this point, but let's just say that our many days years of prayers for a new job might be working. I don't want to jump the gun, but we're so excited that maybe a door might be cracking open. We feel like we've hit wall after wall as we press into God about where we're supposed to go in life. So just keep praying for us. It's no surprise to anyone that I would LOVE to go to Peoria. Not only because of my parents, but the idea of church planting again is really exciting to us!

So back to today, despite having a rough go at his naps (I need a whole other post for that one), I re-organized all his clothes (for the millionth time). It's pretty sad to pack away all those cute 0-3 clothes in a tub. But I'm excited for some of the new ones he's getting into. We tried out the new Bumbo:Then we got ready to head out for the Sweet Corn Festival! Despite the heat, we thought it'd be fun to have dinner there! Aren't my guys the cutest?
I'm so in love with him:
Our attempt at a self-family portrait:
We ate some corn, which was a little disappointing, but the cotton candy was (as always) great. The kettle corn was also fabulous! We walked around, listened to a little of the bad music and went home just as Owen was about to lose it. Bath and bed time went great and now it's time for a movie.

Thank you Jesus for this bit of hope. We trust that you have good plans for our lives and we look forward to what's in store for us this next year!

2 comments:

  1. We're having a rough go at naps too! I'd say we just chalk it up to them being 2 month olds!

    Laura K

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it's not just mine! I'll have to post about it and see if anyone has any solutions. . .or if month 3 is the magical month many people say it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...