Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy 2 Months!

Ahhh. . .it's been 2 months already! Here's a run down of this month. I totally believe people now that say that every stage is SO fun!

Measuring
At his 2 month well baby check, he weighed in at 13lbs, 9.5oz and is now 24 1/4 inches tall. Both of those are in the 83rd percentile. His head is still on the smaller side at 39.3 cm (32nd percentile). To me, he feels huge! There's no way I'm going to be able to lug him around in that carrier until he's 22 pounds!

Milestones
  • He's smiling a ton, but they're hard to catch on camera. Here's a couple for you. It's amazing how much he's filled out this month. The first picture was from the start of month 2 and the second picture was right at the end.
  • He's moving his head to follow sounds and people. He'll follow me with his eyes and head around the room.
  • He's reaching out to grab things with both hands:
  • He's cooing and making a ton of noises. His favorite sound is /m/ and many times it sounds like he's saying mom. Aww. (Darn video uploader is having problems. I'll have to post those adorable videos later!)
Schedule
He still doesn't have a "get up at 7, nap at 9" schedule. But ohh, I'm looking forward to that day. Right now, I'm devouring the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and am glad to say I was already doing many of the principles he talks about. Owen sleeps, gets up and eats, and is then awake anywhere from 45 min to an hour and half. I'm learning how to recognize his sleepiness cues which are always a yawn or rubbing his eyes. If he starts crying, I know I've waited too long and it's always harder to get him to go to sleep. He's definitely getting better at going right back to sleep in the middle of the night. So even though we're still getting up 3-4 times a night, that makes getting up a little more bearable! He still doesn't love naps during the day, but we're working on that! They're pretty short, around 30-45 minutes, so I'm sure not getting a lot done around the house!

Feeding

He's definitely turning into a little chunker and is still a champ nurser! He almost always only eats from one side now which was a little painful at first, but the boobs have adjusted. Sometimes during the longer night stretches, I pump the other side. He averages about 7-9 minutes which I know after talking to several mommies is fast and I should be very thankful!

Other things that have happened:
  • He got a mild case of cradle cap this month. But a regular routine of baby oil and a soft brush, then a bath cured it right up.
  • He stopped pooping. Seriously, it went from everyday to every 3-4 days. So after scouring the web, I called the doc. She said this is totally normal. The first couple days, we had to use gas drops because he was hurting. Now the boy just farts all the time and man do they stink. Also, because of the back up of poop, I always have to be prepared for an explosion. One happened last night at church and it took my mom and me almost a whole pack of wipes to clean that poor boy up. I have never seen anything like that. Whew.
  • He had his first shot (DTaP) at his 2 month well baby check. Dr. Tripathy was fully on board with our delayed schedule. It just means I have to take him in every month instead of every other, but no biggy!
  • He still won't fall asleep in the stroller and really doesn't love his bucket seat.
  • We're still swaddling for all our naps and bedtime, but that boy is a Houdini and always finds a way to get his left hand out. Any tips swaddler moms?
William
Daddy doesn't like going to work and being away from him all day. But now with my new work schedule, they're going to get some good time together. Thankfully, Owen is taking a bottle no problemo!

Me

I had my post partum check up on Thursday, July 22nd with Christi. She assured me that my stitches healed great and I was ready to jump back on the wagon. Haha. That's been a slower process than I thought it would be. :) I've realized that these last 15 pounds aren't going anywhere and I'm ok with that for a little while. But I'm still loving moomyhood! We decided to go with the progesterone only birth control for a little while. Ok, so I've picked it up, but actually haven't started taking it. I'm just praying there aren't any changes in my milk supply, but will quit instantly if I see any changes. Then, around 6-9 months I'll start charting again. 18 months is about the closest I think I could handle #2.

Here's a few more pictures of my darling boy:
I love you so much buddy and can't wait for more of doing life with you!

4 comments:

  1. He is getting so big and he is adorable! :)
    Seems like you have made the transition into motherhood quite smoothly!
    If you don't mind, would you share what vaccination schedule you decided to go with? We just delayed them indefinitely w/ Nathan and are just now starting to think of starting some and I'm curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fine to swaddle with an arm out. That is the best way to start weaning from the swaddle too. If he sleeps well with an arm out then go for it.

    Be prepared to start your period right away with the progesterone only bc. You might gain some weight too.

    Cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As of a few weeks ago, we only swaddle Mataya from the armpits down, leaving both arms out. We've found that she sleeps more peacefully with her upper body not all wrapped up.

    If you do want to continue swaddling completely, after you wrap around the first time and tuck under Owen, pull the bottom up, twist and tuck over the left shoulder before you do the final wraparound. That worked for us prior to when we just decided to leave her arms free.

    That's what worked for us! Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is sooo precious,I just can't stand it. He has the cutest little smile I have ever seen!Thank you so much for the pics! They make me smile! Love you! Auntie Du

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...