Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, August 9, 2010

God is faithful!

Meet my friend Sara:This girl is amazing! The best friend a girl could ask for. She's great at keeping me up to date on life by calling or emailing, she's the best pray-er around, she's the most amazing cook, and well, she's just fabulous. I thank her husband a lot for getting married to her since I knew him first.

Ok, so the story. I won't tell details, because well, it's not my story. But through the course of trying to be a mommy, Sara has had several losses. And then lots of time in between when it seemed like her body would never get pregnant again. We prayed and prayed, but still nothing.

This past Christmas, my family was sitting around the fire listening to my dad read the Christmas story. This is yearly tradition for us, but this year a part in the story stuck out more than it ever had before:
Luke 1:39-45
"A few days later Mary hurried to the hill country of Judea, to the town where Zechariah lived. She entered the house and greeted Elizabeth. At the sound of Mary’s greeting, Elizabeth’s child leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed. Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me? When I heard your greeting, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

I instantly felt like I heard God tell me that this would be the story of Sara and me - that sometime during my pregnancy with Owen, she would call to tell me that she was pregnant and Owen would "jump for joy." It's the kind of word you don't share right away, but I wrote it down and prayed it over Sara every time I laid hands on my belly to pray for Owen.

So fast forward a few months. Sara and Phil finally got an appointment for In Vitro in St. Louis for this summer. It was her last cycle before venturing into this scary In Vitro stuff. I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and thinking I was crazy and didn't hear God at all on that one. But not 2 weeks before Owen made his entrance into the world, Sara called me with the best news I've ever had (save my own positive pregnancy test). She is going to be a mommy in February, with no In Vitro needed! While Owen didn't exactly "jump for joy," I sure did!!

She had a few more scares, but is now well into her 2nd trimester and is on her way to being the most wonderful momma. God is SO good and even though it's almost always not the timing we want, he is always faithful!! Meet Baby Habel:
**This post has been sitting in my queue, waiting for the go-ahead from Sara. I'm SO EXCITED that I can scream it from the rooftops now!**

6 comments:

  1. tears. so so so excited to hear this news! thank you for sharing, em and congrats, habels!!! so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Praise Jesus!!!! Congratulations, Habels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome news!! I remember you hoping for this when you were pregnant, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! what a cool word for you, and wonderful news for the habels! congrats sara and phil, we're so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful post! Made me teary, and I don't even know her! But you can explain to her why I am truly happy for her and her husband ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...