Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, August 27, 2010

One Week Boutique

For those of you not in the area, let me explain the greatness that is One Week Boutique. Twice a year, mommies clean out their kid's closets for the biggest "garage" sale I've ever seen! That's the really short version. It's way more complicated and they have quite the system in place. Last winter I went with my mom to the early birds new mommy sale. I was really disappointed with the long lines and nothing I needed. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

This time around, I was a consignor, meaning I brought items to sell. I had to drop off my stuff early so I had time to walk around the sale before it opened. I made a list of things that I wanted, in order of the things that might go the fastest. I also got into the sale earlier because I was a consignor. Although I did wait in line for about an hour, here is what I scored:
Just for fun, I thought I'd try to see what I would have spent if I bought all these things new! Maybe if just to help me justify what I spent!
  1. Exersaucer - average $80, but I did see one at Walmart for around $50, so I'll say $65 (Mom, aren't I a little small for this thing? :)
  2. Bumbo seat with tray - $50
  3. Janie and Jack sweater - $44
  4. Fisher Price Little People Cement Truck - $12 (missing the people, but oh well)
  5. Fisher Price Little People Dump Truck - $12
  6. Fisher Price Little People tractor - $18
  7. Fisher Price Peek a Block Train - $70 (I know, seriously?!)
  8. Halo Sleep Sack - $30
  9. Tiny Love Gymini with lights and music - $55
  10. Baby Einstein Baby Da Vinci From Head to Toe DVD - $17
  11. Black Pea Coat- $30?
  12. OshKosh Fall Jacket - $15?
  13. 3 pairs of shoes (Old Navy, Gymboree, and Carter's) - $20?
  14. Halloween costume - $15? here's a sneak peak
  15. Lots of other clothes (one button down, orange puffy vest, Nike Windbreaker set, gray firetruck outfit, 2 sleepers, fleece vest and pants, Adidas hoodie, romper) - $100? Can you tell I was loving the orange?
  16. new pack of 3 Gerber slip on shirts - $6
  17. 11 Carter's onesies (4 long sleeve and 7 short sleeve)- $20?
That's a grand total of $579! And what did I get it for? $170! Woohoo. Go me for saving us $409. And that's without the money that I'll be making on selling some things. I'm even more excited about next spring when Aubrey and I volunteer and we get in FIRST for the sale. What a great budget friendly way of stocking that kid's wardrobe! And to close, here's my little man checking out his new play mat for the first time. Not the most exciting video in the world, just a warning.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE owb! I deliver daycare packets every sale so we're the first to get in as well! It's so fun :) So, I'm sure I'll see you next sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS IS TRYING TO TURN OVER!!!Oh- he just so cute and is growing so fast! Love you little man! Happy you got new play things for peanuts! Auntie Du

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...