Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, December 31, 2010

top 25 of 2010

So I'm a little behind on my new years posting. Sorry! Here is my year in review countdown style.

25 - Under 25K. Way under. Minus our rent (because William's boss takes that out of his check) this is about what we lived on this year. I don't say for any reason except that is TOTALLY doable to live on a super tight budget if staying home is a priority for your family. I look forward to getting even better at getting my grocery budget more under control this year! We've seen God be so faithful in taking care of our needs (largely through our families!)

24 - the number of first graders at Robeson that do NOT have me as a teacher this year. While I do miss being a "professional" and all the other fun things that come with teacher 6 and 7 year olds. . .I would be lying if I said I really missed it. I am so thankful that we've been able to make our budget work to be able for me to stay home with our little man.

23 - the number of movies that we saw from Netflix that I'd actually watch again. This was less than half. (Remember Me, Love Happens, The Last Song, The Invention of Lying, It's Complicated, Letters to Juliet, Adam, The Lovely Bones, When in Rome, Alice in Wonderland, District 9, My Best Friend's Girl, Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire, Dear John, Avatar, Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Sherlock Holmes, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Up in the Air, No Impact Man: The Documentary, Inglourious Basterds, The Time Traveler's Wife, 500 Days of Summer)

22 - the number of projects I've bookmarked just this week to make with my new Silhouette machine, which still has not arrived. I'm compulsively checking my doorstep.

21 - the number of new knitting needles I've bought this last year. Finally getting my needles and stash up to what I want it to be. These are my favorite to knit with.

20 - during the month of July, this day marked our 3rd year of marriage.

19 - 19(01). Our current address. As much as this beige on white on cream condo with the awful carpet and super loud appliances drives me crazy. . .it's still the place we brought Owen home to. It's where our family of 2 became a family of 3.

18 - the number of books I was to read for VLI this year. Here is the list. Mosaic of Christian Belief, Christian Theology: An Introduction, Turning Points: Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity, The Mosaic of Christian Belief, The Faith of Israel: A theological Survey of the Old Testament, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms, Handbook of Biblical Criticism, Power Healing, Old Testament Survey: The Message, Form, & Background of the O.T, How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth, Introducing Christian Doctrine, Growing Your Faith by Giving It Away: Telling the Gospel Story with Grace and Passion, Exploring the New Testament: A Guide to the Gospels and Acts Volume 1, Exploring the New Testament: A Guide to the Letters and Revelation Volume 2, New Testament Theology: Many Witnesses, One Gospel, Planting Missional Churches, Doing Church: Building from the Bottom Up, and The Bible, selected chapters. I won't tell you how many I actually read. :)
17 -how many months it's been since moving back to Champaign. Just this week as we said goodbye to the Carlyles who are moving to TN and Jonell who is moving to NM, it really seems like the Lafayette chapter is closed. (Ok minus the awesome ladies I miss from Cumberland!)

16 - the number of months I've been blogging. I love having a reason to document things and love that some people actually read this. I must say I'm pretty jealous of those ladies out there that are "professional bloggers." Maybe someday.

15 - the total number of hours I was in labor. It was probably a little longer than this if you call all those beginning pains, but I wasn't sure. But by 10pm, I was definitely timing things and knew being a mommy was in sight.

14 - the number of Mom2Mom events I've been to this past semester. I'm loving this group of ladies! And now that I know we'll be here for a little longer, I really want to dig my heels in and connect with the ladies in my small group. Next week, Owen's going to the childcare for the first time. Hold me to this ladies. :)

13 - the number of knitting projects I've now been paid for. This could be fun. :)

12 - how many Sandra Boynton books we now own. Love this lady's board books.

11 - the number of time Sophie Cat has puked in the last few months. This seriously didn't happen before I had a kid. Now when I'm not up dealing with Owen, it's Sophie. But I still love that cat.10 - the actual number of months that I was pregnant. 40 weeks/4 = 10 months

9 - the month (9/10/10) that my grandpa went to be with Jesus. I think of him when I play his violin or cuddle under one of his afghans that he knitted for me.

8 - the number of tests I have left until I finish Vineyard Leadership Institute! 2 more quarters and 4 exams a quarter. It's been great material, but I'm ready to have time for some recreational reading again.

7 - How many months I have have had no more than a 3-4 hour chunk of sleep at a time. No wonder I'm not as sharp as I used to be. :)

6 - the number of weeks (about) until I get to meet Baby Habel!!!!!

5 - the number of awesome photo shoots with my sister (maternity, Owen's birth, month 1, month 3, and Christmas card). I am so thankful for a sister who is not only great at doing my hair, but awesome behind the lens of a camera. And I'm very thankful that we've hung out more this past year than ever in life.

4 - the average time in minutes that my showers are now. Oh the days of long showers without obsessively peeking out to check the monitor.

3 - My three favorite people. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. They really got me through the rough parts of this year. I look forward to really pressing in this year and figuring out a better quiet time routine. Owen, can you learn how to nap buddy?

2 - 2 parents who I love more than anything. I'm so excited for them and the amazing things that are in store for them this next year as they move to Peoria and start The Vineyard Church - Peoria.
1 - One beautiful baby boy that was born at 12:43 on June 10. The day my life changed forever for the better. I love you so much Owen!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...