Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Biblical Gardens

Last Sunday, Owen and I took a little road trip to Peoria! When we arrived, we met them and the church plant team at a park for a picnic. It was great to see so many new faces. The team is busy painting the building this week and getting it ready for their launch in just a couple weeks!

Then, we went to a dedication for my Grandpa's Biblical Gardens. This has been a project he's been working on for 3 years and this week it "opened" to the public. It's basically a small walkway with stones that have pictures and verses of Jesus' life. It starts with his birth and ends with the resurrection.  After the dedication and a nap, we went out to dinner with my grandparent's to celebrate my grandma's birthday.  Monday morning, my dad fixed us a great breakfast and Owen got to see the cows in their "backyard."  Then, on the way out of town, we stopped by my mom's work to see where she lives everyday and to show off Owen to some of her co-workers.
thanking lots of people
one of the views of the gardens
as a surprise to them, there was a ginko (my grandpa's fav tree) planted in his honor
the boys - my dad, Tim, and Austin and Evan standing in for their dad, Nate
the rock inscribed for my grandpa
 
Owen and Grandpa
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...