Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, December 16, 2011

22 weeks

 
The due date dilemma: According to fertility friend (where I input all my temps and such) I'm due on April 20.  Somehow during one of my first appointments it was put in the computer as April 21.  But on all my ultrasounds have been measuring about 4-5 days ahead, so they're thinking more like April 17th.  So I know babies come when they're ready.  And I'm totally ok with this.  Really, I have no problem with whenever she decides to come.  But here's the problem.  I need to fly my sister out here.  I really want her to be in charge of the picture taking.  It was so great not having William worrying about snapping away.  He was just in the moment.  And I cry every time I look through all my pictures of Owen's birth.  So now our dilemma is when to get her out here without her missing a ton of work.  Hmm.  
So, I'm pregnant: I really have to catch myself sometimes and remind myself that I'm pregnant.  Now that I'm in the "sweet spot" between not puking and not feeling big, I really sometimes forget.  Like last Saturday.  William watched Owen so I could go shopping like a mad woman.  I had lots to get for our adopt-a-family for church (I organized our small groups gifts) and a few other things.  I wore cute (read: not comfy) shoes and walked a lot.  When I got home 3 hours later, my body kindly reminded me that I truly am pregnant and way over-did it.
A week of firsts: Last week at church, a lady who is not what I would call a friend rubbed my belly for the first time.  And I mean rubbed.  *shudder*  And William was able to feel her move last night for the first time!  That was awesome!   Hmm, there was another first but now I can't remember what it is. 
Cravings: My current favorite snack is a bagel with chive and onion cream cheese, fresh tomato sliced on top, with a dusting of salt.  Yum.  But I like that without being pregnant so it's not too weird for me.  Also cannot stop eating clementines and pomegranates.  Owen loves both of these too.  I also love Oreos and milk  Yum.  Might just stop typing and go eat some right now.
Researching still: double strollers.  I think I've narrowed it down to these two with leanings toward to the City Mini.  Anyone have any pros and cons to these 2 or love their double stroller enough to recommend it?
Baby Jogger City Mini
Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem II

Deals I've scored: nothing big, but I got Ellie some crocheted headbands for $2 (no shipping) on ebay.  I love winning auctions like that.
And some belly pictures:
from last Sunday
from this morning. don't mind the wet hair.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to recommend a double stroller that you can fit a carseat into. It makes things very convenient, especially if you don't plan on wearing her everywhere. Also, keep in mind places that you'll go w/ both of them in a stroller. Like at our dr.'s office, that side-by-side double stroller would not fit through the examination room doors. But I have heard really good things about the city mini (not necessarily the double one; just the single one)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...