Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, December 1, 2011

decorations at church

Whew, I see a lot of blogs in my future this week. Got a whole list of them to catch up on! First, the beginning of my Christmas decor posts. But let's start with the church decor, not my house. This year, I'm helping out with our church's Adopt a Family event.  I was asked to decorate the tables where everyone would be signing up for all the holiday outreach events.  I had a budget of $25, which means I had to get super creative.  Pinterest to the rescue.  I had pinned this snowflake idea for my house, but decided to use it for church. 
I bought a couple packs of popsicle sticks and went to work. Her blog (click the above picture) gives great instructions.  Then, I sent to work spray painting.  Just a word to the wise.  This is best done outside.  But it was freezing, so I had to use the garage.  Which now has a nice shade of pink to the floor.  Oops, sorry William.  I moved them to the basement where they could dry in a little warmer place.
I used lights I had from home and hung them underneath the table cloths, for a more subdued light display.  I was going for a simple red and silver theme.  I gathered random boxes from my recycling and basement and wrapped them in silver and red paper.  The table runners are cheap plastic tablecloths from Walmart that I cut. (since real fabric was out of my price range).  Then I filled lots of vases with red and silver ornaments from the dollar store.  All in all, I'm really happy with how it turned out!  The snowflakes will definitely be making an appearance some year in my home decor.  Here's a few pics (I didn't do the tree so you can ignore that).



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These tables still look beautiful, thank you for doing them! They're holding up great for all the traffic they've had the last month. And yes, I will ignore the tree you didn't do :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...