Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, April 30, 2012

first trip to the dentist

On Thursday, we decided to pack our morning since we were running out of time with dad home with us! We got everyone looking spiffy and headed to William's office to show off our new cutie. We wanted to say thanks in person for the amazing flowers KAP sent us!
Love this outfit my mom got her.
He wanted to share his apple juice with her
We headed over to William's office and next door, they were building a new small building.  So Owen and dad had to check it out.  He loved watching the skid steer.  Yes, I'm getting pretty good with my tractor names. :) Then we went in and showed Ellie off to all his coworkers.  Laura C, if you're reading this. . .your brother was there all the way from Texas!  So nice to see him!  We passed her around and treasured the oohs and ahhs.
enjoying the sunshine
We decided to hit up Panera for lunch and ran into friends from small group, Norm and his kiddos, Julia and Vincent.  So we all shared a nice lunch before heading off to Owen's first trip to the dentist.  Ok, let's be honest.  I know it's a little early to be taking him.  Truth is, I've had a couple teeth that have been killing me, for awhile, but I knew I couldn't get x-rays while pregnant.  So as soon as Elle got here, I made the dreaded call to make an appointment and figured it wouldn't hurt to have her look at Owen's teeth too.  Hate hate hate the dentist.  Always have, always will.  The drill.  Zzz zzz.  *shudder*

Anyways, Owen hates us brushing his teeth.  We have to force him every night.  So I wasn't expecting her to be able to do much.  But shockingly, he did great.  Maybe it was the sucker she gave him when we arrived.  Yes, you read that right.  She gave him a sucker before they started.  I was as shocked as you. :)  But it must have worked, because he opened wide, said "ahhhh" and let her do a little cleaning and fluoride!  Way to go buddy!

He does have a little chip on his lower tooth that I have no idea when and how it got there.  And she also said stop using the paci.  I just nodded and smiled.  We'll get there, just not during the first week as a big brother!

After a well deserved nap for everyone, we headed out to the park!  I tried out my Moby wrap for the first time and loved it.  Someone gave it to me when Owen was a little too big for it, so this was my first go at it.  She snuggled right in and slept the whole time.  I definitely see this thing getting lots of use to free up my hands!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...