Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

32 week ultrasound

Well, our ultrasound and appointment went smashingly. Our little guy is perfect. Although, once again was being camera shy. You would think by his 4th sonogram, he wouldn't mind showing off a bit. But, noooo, he had to hide behind the umbilical cord and my ribs, so we didn't get any adorable shots. But enough to find out some good stats on him:

  • He's head down exactly where he's supposed to be and my amniotic fluid is plentiful.
  • He weighs about 4 1/2 pounds.
  • He is in the 57th percentile overall for size for babies his "age." This means he's a little big. She said that this number was the best predictor for his actual size at birth. With me being 8lb 14oz and William being large too, I'm not shocked that we might get ourselves a chunker.
  • His arms and legs were both measuring 1-2 weeks ahead. Maybe we have a tall kid on our hands?
  • Even though most things are measuring ahead of schedule, my actual tummy is measuring 31 weeks, so a week behind. Not that I'm complaining one bit about that.
  • He has hair!! I had no idea you could actually tell from this kind of sonogram, but at the back of his head, we saw some little hair floating out. So maybe he won't be bald after all!
  • The nurse said I had the best pee she'd seen all day. Guess all that water helped combat the doughnut and chocolate I had for breakfast. :)
  • We're now to the stage where our appointments are every two weeks. It's getting closer!!


Here's a few of the pictures we did get. I'm still amazed they're able to "see" all the things they can see. William, my mom, and I just nodded when she asked if she could make certain things out. Half the time, I was just pretending I could. :)

His profile:

His leg pulled up. You can see his leg bones, knee, and foot and also his hand which he wouldn't unclench so we could see those fingers.

Another foot pic:

And from the outside:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...