Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, April 17, 2010

friends you've never met

So, during my wedding planning I came across a webboard that was jam-packed full of ideas, pictures, and wonderful ladies with lots of good advice (WeddingBells). It wasn't until I was hooked a few weeks in, that I realized that the boards were full of Canadians. As if the .ca didn't clue me in. But I digress. I loved the ladies and so I'm one of the few US ladies who contribute to the boards. Ok, I'm actually an avid reader and only a semi-poster.

Well, after my wedding, I moved down to the BabyBells section of the boards. There, I got tons of information on Fertility Awareness Method and tons of getting pregnant advice along with ladies who were so supportive. Then came my first miscarriage. Despite being an awful time, I "met" some wonderful ladies on these boards who were going through the same thing. One of them was "ruby_wi" also known in real life as Julie from Wisconsin. :) Not only is she the most supportive and encouraging poster, we bonded as one of the few US gals. Somehow, we've developed a great friendship even though we've never really met in real life. Although someday Julie, I want to change that! Last April, I got to celebrate the arrival of her little man, Kieran. To celebrate my little man, she just sent the most amazing package. Along with some super cute sleepers and a crib protector that many friends have raved about, here's the best part. It's a perfect piece of love to add to the nursery wall. I just need to settle on the name that will go on the bottom. And of course, get a picture of HIM for the top!



Thank you so much Julie. You have no idea how special this is to me and how much I will treasure it!

1 comment:

  1. Again, you are so welcome. Thank you for this sweet post. There is a reason people come into our lives, even if it is via the internet :) Our boys will have a playdate someday!!

    And all of your blog fans should know about the beautiful hats that you knitted for Kieran and other gifts you sent us when he was born too! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...