Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I really just can't put into words how much this day means to me.  I got cards from some such sweet friends.  One said "I remember sitting in your parents cars in the driveway pretending to drive our baby dolls.  In 8th grade."  Haha true story.  It's been an ache in my soul to be a mom since I can even remember.  And today I'm finally celebrating my first Mother's Day.  The little hand that made that handprint  in the card brings me so much joy everyday. And thanks to my hubby for already making it a really great day! :)

If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. ~ Robert Brault
My mom's #1!
That quote is so true of my mom.  I don't know where I'd be right now without the prayers that have been prayed for me since the day I was born.  I'd get all gushy here, but then I'd start crying again and I just got done crying when I wrote her card.  So to the greatest mom ever (sorry world, I got the best one) Happy {Grand} Mother's Day!  I am so blessed to have a mom who is such a generous provider, loyal confidant, huge support, biggest cheerleader, wonderful example, and a dear friend.

And a quick word to the ladies I know whose hearts will break a little today because they're not mom's yet, I'm praying.  I wish there was more that I could do or say than that.  But CE, ML, LK, AM, you WILL be amazing moms someday and those babies will be so lucky to have you!

"He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother.  Praise the LORD!" Psalm 113:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...