Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

appointment

Well, I'm going to try and get around to doing my 40 week post, but for now, here's just a quickie from this morning's appointment with Ray. I'm telling it all, as I'm pretty sure you all know by now nothing's TMI with me. :)

Blood pressure was up just a bit (but that could be due to the fact that William just informed me that his parents will be here today :), belly's measuring great, pee was good, and his heartbeat was the same as always! I mentioned to Ray that Vanessa had said he was a pro at doing a membrane sweep. He laughed and said he called it the "roter rooter." He said he could only do it if I was a little more than 1 cm dilated, which I wasn't at all last week. But once he "got in there" he found that I was about 2cm, so I gave him the go ahead. If you don't know what this is, he basically sticks his fingers in your cervix and sweeps them around, disconnecting the membranes(bag of water) from the uterine wall lining. Holy cow. Ouch. He got done and I thought maybe an epidural from the start wouldn't be such a bad thing after all! So, he said I was now 2-3cm with a bulging bag of water. I guess no more trips to Target. He said that if anything would happen from the sweep, it would happen within 24 hours. But no promises.

He was super encouraging. He said I had a very toned uterus, and my cervix looked awesome and he doubted we would make it to our next appointment. We have an ultrasound and non-stress test scheduled for Tuesday if nothing has happened by then.

Come on baby! Out!

2 comments:

  1. He said he doubts you'll make it to your next appt...that is so encouraging! There is no way he would have said that if he didn't think you were really close to having Owen on the outside. That is so exciting.

    I remember at my 37 week appt my doctor was going out of town the next week and she said she was sure she wouldn't see me pregnant again, she was right! He was born at 38w6d. I never expected to go that early and prepared myself mentally to go up to 2 weeks late, but I guess these OB people really know their cervixes. :)

    Get here, Owen! We want to see your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times!! ... Not to be a complete buzz-kill, but I remember learning in our Bradley class that the average woman goes 8 days past her due date, and we all ought to just add those 8 days on when we think of our due date. That said, Auggie came 3 days early (on your dad's birthday no less), so it's not true for everyone.. And I agree with Anne, if Ray is sounding encouraging, that's wonderful. (Oh how I miss the Carle midwives...!)

    You know, you're exactly 7 weeks ahead of me to the day. I'll be in your shoes very, very soon. Yikes!

    I'm sure we'll all be hearing the good news (and seeing pictures!) in no time at all... Now RELAX as much as you can while you still can. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...