Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, June 14, 2010

update coming, I promise!

I'm working hard on writing my birth story and update from our first few days at home. All I can say is that I have never been happier in my life! It has been the best 4 days ever and I could have never imagined the joy I feel every time I look at our little man.

Please be praying for my echo cardiogram on Friday. I'll explain more in a following post, but here's the bottom line. If I "pass" it, no problem. I'll be a little more high risk next time I have a baby. But if something else is wrong, I may have to go on heart medicine for the rest of my life (I know that sounds dramatic, but that's a quote from the cardiologist). This medicine is not conducive to breast feeding. I can barely type that without crying. Nursing has been amazing (albeit a little painful :) and I have a meltdown pretty much anytime I think about being told I couldn't continue to do so. So please. . .PRAY. In my reading this morning, I read a much quoted Philippians 4:6-7.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

As I pray and thank him for the amazing gift of Owen, I'm asking that he will guard my heart, literally! I'll leave you with a few pictures of the most handsome little dude ever:


4 comments:

  1. That sounds scary! But it also means we have something else to put out there for the prayer team. Praying for a clear test Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be praying! I wouldn't want to give up nursing either - it's such a special connection with your little guy! And not to worry, it does get to a point where there is no pain whatsoever at all, but I remember being really surprised by the initial pain when Auggie was born. ... Love the verse. Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying! Great verse to be praying this week as well.

    You look AMAZING! Seriously, I can't believe you just had him.

    He is gorgeous too. Great work, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! So glad to hear that all is going well with Owen! He is amazingly perfect.
    I will continue to lift you up in prayer!
    Lots of love coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...