Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

HOME!

Don't mind the dates on the next million posts. I'm going to try and catch up with everything that's been going on this week! :)

Saturday, June 12th
I'm sure every new mom and dad have this thought as they're walking (rolling) out of the hospital. They're really letting us leave with this little person?! But we don't know what we're doing!



We were driving down Lincoln and I was struck that everyone's lives were going on as normal. I wanted to shout out the window. . .do you know what just happened to us? We had a BABY! It was so surreal that we were driving home with a new little person that would not be on this earth if it wasn't for us.

When we arrived home, William's sister Duane had decorated the front tree. It was adorable. I secretly always wanted some kind of balloons to welcome our baby home and we got them!



My mom and dad arrived to welcome Owen home!


Then, Owen got his first visitors, Doug, Michelle, and Bella! They drove from Indiana just to meet our guy! Bella is seriously the cutest little girl on the planet and we had a blast watching her chase Sophie and use her new words. Thanks so much Michelle for coming and for the adorable gifts! You are the sweetest!


The rest of the day was spent relaxing with the fam, starting at Owen, and doing laundry. I had noticed that the two outfits we had brought from home had made Owen's skin look like this:

Poor little guy. I had been washing everything with Tide Free as it was cheaper than Dreft. But I made William go out that evening and get some and we rewashed most of his clothes. The splotches haven't been back since. Guess he has his daddy's sensitive skin.

William got up with me during every night feeding and we had a blast rocking him, checking out all his parts, and trying to get Sophie to step foot in the nursery. Which reminds me I still haven't done his nursery post! I'll get to that asap! A few pictures from our first night at home:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...