Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 4 Months!

My sweet little girl is 4 months old. 1/3 of her first year is done. How in world did that happen?  This month is one of my favorites!  She’s still little, but is not just watching the world anymore, she wants to participate! 
my that's a nice head
The Stats
Her 4 month appointment went well and she took her 2 shots like a champ.  We go every month to spread out the shots she gets so Owen knows the drill now.  He even held her hand while she got her first shot.  Adorable.  She is 15 lbs, 7 oz (85th percentile) and 25.25” (84th percentile).  So in other words – big girl!  But her head is exactly in the 5oth percentile.  Know what that means?  She is the perfect head model for all these cute fall hats I’m making. :) 
Sleeping and Eating
She’s pretty much a textbook baby right now which I love.  So different than Owen was.  We were doing the eat, play, sleep (per Babywise) but we’ve fallen into a routine of play, eat, sleep which just seems to work for us right now.  So that’s what we’re doing.  She still gets put in her crib awake and I love that (for the most part) she' can put herself to sleep.  She’s going to bed anywhere from 8-9 and this time is slowly creeping up.  Can’t wait until it’s 6:30/7!  She gets up around 10 or 11 to eat again, and then usually again at 4 and is up for the day between 6:30 and 7:30.  So not bad to say the least!  She loves her crib, but still ends up in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning. :)She nurses about 6-8 times throughout a 24 hour period, which again is textbook.  She’s usually a one side nurser, so we just switch back and forth for each feeding.  She’s definitely nursing less since she started taking a paci!  Yay for my boob not being used her only soothing tool.  The nurse prac we saw at her 4 month well baby didn’t even mention food yet and I’m not in any hurry to start like I was with Owen.  I’m just enjoying breastfeeding and not thinking about which fruit/veggie she needs to be eating.  Maybe in month 5 or 6 we’ll start thinking about this. 
photo
are you sure I can't eat something new?
Other fun things and milestones
  • She rolled over!  Now if you remember, she rolled over from belly to back at 5 weeks old.  But this was several times from back to belly.  I only saw one of these on the video monitor but the other day at nap time, I went in and she was on her belly.  Big girl!  She enjoys tummy time so she didn’t seem to mind being on her belly.
  • She loves to hold toys now and is starting to put everything in her mouth!
  • We put away the swing and got out her jumperoo.  She loves it.  She has already figured out how to turn a little in it. Owen loves to help her “jump.”
  • She has found her toes and loves to grab them and try to get them to her mouth.
     
  • She has started shrieking.  Wow for finding her LOUD voice.
  • She is constantly aware of where her brother is.  She follows him with her eyes everywhere and I think is totally smitten with him. 
  • Ellie is becoming a bigger fan of dad.  She wasn’t so sure about him for the first couple months but now will give him lots of smiles and giggles.
    IMG_7416
  • She loves bath time by herself in her baby tub.  She’s still not so sure about sharing bath time with her older brother.  Maybe it’s because he likes to pour water on her.photo-1
Ok I know I’ll think of tons more I want to say after I publish this.  But overall, I couldn’t love this girl any more!   And no, I’m not tired of making all her hair cuties.  It just gets more and more fun!  Happy 4 Months Ellison.  We love you!

 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...