Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, August 27, 2012

Pinned It, Did It Monday! {bathroom edition}

pinned itWelcome to Pinned It, Did It Monday!  Each week I try to look through my pins on Pinterest and actually DO a few of them.  This week has been filled with tons of cute crafting for 2 baby showers I have this week, but those pictures will have to wait!  So this week is my “bathroom edition.”  I’ve wanted to try these 2 pins for awhile!pin #1Thanks to my mom and genetics, I have terribly dry heels.  It doesn’t matter if it’s winter or summer, they are always dry!  So I was excited to see if this pin worked. 
Picture I pinned:
Source: How to Get Dry Skin Off the Bottom of Your Feet from eHow
My Pictures
IMG_7562
this was the same price as the regular epsom salt - be warned it smells strong (like peppermint)
IMG_7572
enjoying soaking my feet while crocheting
IMG_7574
the feet file and "lotion" I used
IMG_7575
my ugly, hot socks
pinterest
before and after feet
pinterest1
before and after close up of heels
My review:  I do a lot of these steps normally, but had never added the epson salt to the equation!  For only a one time shot, I would say my feet look pretty good from there they started!  I think if I did this more regularly, my feet would be in great shape.  The only thing I HATED was sleeping in socks.  I really dislike having my feet covered up while sleeping.  But I guess we women do lots of sacrifices for beauty, right? :) pin #2For the next one, I saw this picture and the caption said cheap teeth whitening.  I’ve definitely bought commercial teeth whiteners in the past, so I wanted to try this.  The short version is that you gargle with 1/2 mouthwash, 1/2 hydrogen peroxide.  Then you brush with a toothpaste, baking soda, and water combo.
Picture I pinned:
teeth whitening recipes
Source: Easy At Home Teeth Whitening from The Budget Diet
My Pictures:
IMG_7577
not so sure about the peroxide
My Review:  I forgot to take a before and after of my teeth.  But William said even he thought they looked a bit whiter.  The swishing with the mouthwash/peroxide wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it’d be.  My teeth felt like they had been to the dentist. The pin says to do this once a week until your teeth are as white as you want them too.  I wouldn’t maybe do it that often for fear of breaking down the enamel on your teeth.  But I’d say it was a success!
blog-signature-1

1 comment:

  1. Your feet are looking really beautiful, what an improvement. and just FYI, you have really cute toes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...